Fitzcarraldo, drinking toast after toast: "To your dogs' cook. To Verdi. To Rossini. To Caruso."
Other guy, raising his glass: "To Fitzcarraldo, Conquistador of the Useless. Cheers!"
Fitzcarraldo: "As true as I am standing here, one day I shall bring grand opera to Iquitos. I will outnumber you. I will outbillion you. I am the spectacle in the forest. I am the inventor of rubber. I will outrubber you. Sir, the reality of your world is nothing more than a rotten caricature of great opera."
Angels: A Masterpost*
ABOUT ANGELS +angels in different religions +history
- The Book of Enoch
- The Torah and The Bible
- The Qur’an
- Wikipedia Article (contains Bible verses, tidbits from different religious theologies)
- Different religious histories +sometimes mentions angel names
- About the Biblical rebellion
- The Book of Jubilees
- Sefer Raziel Hamalach +another .pdf download (Book of the angel Raziel)
- The Magnus (a nice guide to Kabalaah and the Celestial Intelligence)
- Our Angels Are Different (TV Tropes)
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- Saints and Angels (Biblical)
- More Info (spiritual)
- What Does The Bible Say About Angels?
- Creation of Angels and the fall of Lucifer
- All About Angels (have I already linked this? nobody knows)
- Angel Numbers
- More About Angels
- Angelic Nature
ANGEL NAMES (contains meanings and the names of the fallen)
- Wikipedia Article
- Angels and Ghosts
- Names of Angels From Different Religions
- Whispering Worlds
- Zoroastrianism +a little history
- 20000 +info about the hierarchies ect.
- This is a really cute website omg
- A generator thing I found ????
- Proper names of Angels
REGARDING ENOCHIAN (the language of angels)
- History of Enochian- Wikipedia Article; A SPN Wiki Article
- Enochian Alphabet and Spells (IMPORTANT NOTE: please, please do not try to practice these spells on your own without a High Priestess or an experienced person aiding you. Also absolutely do not try to use or form your own exorcisms, exorcisms should ONLY be used by those who are know what they are doing. Exorcisms and the practicing of magick with a lack of guidance, especially if you’re a beginner, and/or without you conditioning yourself can prove to be fatal. Just because you watch Supernatural, Charmed, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, or any show that involves types of magick or exorcisms does not mean that you know what you are doing)
- A downloadable software
- An online translator
- The Fourty-Eight Calls, a pronunciation guide, spells and rituals
- Texts and Enochain Temples
- More Information, yay!
- A Really Small Glossary containing the Enochian words introduced in riseofthefallenone's lovely DeanCas fic, Angel’s Wild
- Towards Enochian Grammar
- Links and Essays (might’ve already linked this, idk)
- The Enochain by John Dee used by Supernatural
- So much shit by Aleister Crowley +contains Enochain also I think
- The Book of Law, where Crowley converses with his Guardian Angel (The Cry of the 8th Aethyr -links to the other Aethyr’s are towards the bottom of the page)
REGARDING TRUE FORMS (according to the Bible)
OTHER PEOPLE’S CONCEPTS AND THEORIES (contains other people’s tags**)
- The City Is Full of Wings +A Glory of Angels (I highly suggest that you read the tags because they’re always so freaking beautiful)
- A Small Collection: Angels, Fallen Angels, Heaven’s Wrath, Trueforms
- Four pages of a tag
- Also contains SPN angels
- Angels, Catholic Imagery, Biblical Subversions +religious mythos
- Because I can
IN FICTIONAL BOOKS (for what books I could find, books are in downloadable .pdf format)
- His Dark Materials Triology -Book One, Book Two, Book Three by Philip Pullman
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
- A Wind In the Door by Madeleine L’engle
- The Vintner’s Luck by Elizabeth Knox
- The Glory Days by Isobelle Carmody
- Daughter of Smoke And Bone by Aini Taylor
- The Space Triology -Book One, Book Two, Book Three by C.S. Lewis
- Angelology by Danielle Trussoni
- Skellig by David Almond
- Angel Fire Series by Andrew Greely
IN NON-FICTIONAL BOOKS (for what books I could find, books are in downloadable .pdf format)
- Angels In Late Ancient Christianity by Ellen Muehlberger
- Fallen Angels and the History of Judaism and Christianity: The Reception of Enochiac Lit. by Annette Yoshiko Reed
- From Gabriel to Lucifer: A Cultural History of Angels by Valery Rees
- Heaven and It’s Wonders and Hell From Things Heard and Seen by Emanuel Swedenborg
FANFICTION (I just really like how angels are portrayed in some of these fics, even if some barely mention angels)
- Daughter (DeanCas but mostly the wonderful Claire Novak hunting angels)
- Angel’s Wild (DeanCas; one of my favourite views on angels)
MOVIES AND SHOWS
- Wings of Desire
- The Prophecy
- City of Angels -click the third link
- Shows: Supernatural, Touched By An Angel
MUSIC (for when you write about angels or just need some inspiration)
Special thanks to this post by notbecauseofvictories, without it I would’ve cried a lot due to my lack of knowledge of other types of medias containing things about angels outside of Good Omens and Supernatural.
Also if you ever need help with writing or anything like that feel free to ask me! I have a crap load of resources and am somewhat knowledgeable about writing in general uwu.
*I don’t know if you want to call this a masterpost, masterpost. It’s kind of just a collection of what’s been it my bookmarks and likes for a while. I’ll probably make a second part to this post as I find more stuff.
**If you see your tag linked on here and would not like it to be, please let me know and I’ll gladly remove it!
cosmogyros i am so embarrassed because i don’t even know you but i know that you like wings and angels and so i thought you might like this masterpost?
OH MY GOD SOPHIE YOU TAGGED ME IN A THING
YOU DON’T EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW <3 <3 <3
you saw angels and knew I would like it
I can’t even
let me love you <3
yknow who needs some support? aromantic people.we grow up in a society where we’re taught that being in love is the best thing in the world and falling in love and getting married and having kids is literally the only thing you should want in life. and for aromantic people, or anyone on the aromantic spectrum, that’s just really, really shitty.